Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thing-a-Day for Feb 5th

I didn't have time to craft anything yet today, so my thing was these photos. I had so much fun making beady things with the last bowl of beads that I went through my craftroom to find more unsorted mixed beads. I found an embarrassment of riches...


I used to live in a very, very small town, and all my craft supplies came by mail. While I lived there I got hooked on ordering Bosses Bead Bags from Fire Mountain Gems. I couldn't always use everything, so I accumulated bag after bag of "leftovers".
http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?PN=H201928PB


This is a good time for me to start using them up. I can't really lay out big projects at the table because I have a very busy and curious two year old. So I work at the counter, while I'm cooking dinner or watching something in the oven. A bowl of beads at the back of the counter that I can work from when I have a spare moment is just the thing for me to get my creative jones each day.

While I was digging around in my beads and unfinished projects, I ran across this partially completed earring from the "Bad Day" series I made last year. It sums up the state of my beady largesse nicely:


I might get something made tonight. I really am eager to do something with these beads. I won't be able to finish up in four days this time, though. I think that there are at least two kilos of beads here... :)



1 comment:

Simone said...

I think it's interesting how long you have something in your stash and you keep looking at it and just can't figure out how to use it until voila, one day it is just the perfect thing to finish up a project.